Pay and Bonuses
- This page goes over the pay and bonuses you can recieve working at Borst Detasseling.
- Pay: Paychecks will show only the base rate for each employee. Any bonuses or additional wage increases will be paid at the end of the season. Pay comes every two weeks and paychecks are mailed out the following Friday. Base rate is $8.50/hour for new employees.
- Performance: Workers who complete the season may receive up to $1/hr. additional pay based on attendance, performance and overall attitude. Those who quit or were let go during the season will receive only the base rate.
- $1.50/Hr for making every shift
- $1/Hr for missing 1 day.
- $.50/Hr for missing 2 days.
- End of Season Party: Employees finishing the season who missed two days or less will be invited to a party at the end of the season!
- Travel time : $2/Hr for all hours worked in the field. You must work 50 hours to receive travel reimbursement.
- *all bonuses are based upon a 14 day season. If it is shorter then 14 days we will pro-rate all bonuses.
- Pay Rates
- 1st year: $8.50/hr
- 2nd year: $9.50/hr
- 3rd year: $10.50/hr
- 4th year: $11-$12/hr - based on job assignment
- 5th year or higher: $12+/hr - based on job assignment
- Supervisors: $15-$20/hr - based on job assignment
- Bus Driver: $15-$20/hr - based on job assignment (CDL class B with air brakes required, must be 21 years old)
Friday, July 29th
The last field is being cut on Friday, meaning that we will be back in and working this Sunday, the 31st. Please keep checking back to be sure on times and pick up sites. This will be our last first pass so all workers will be needed. Thank you.
Join the Crew