Pay and Bonuses
- This page goes over the pay and bonuses you can recieve working at Borst Detasseling.
- Pay: Paychecks will show only the base rate for each employee. Any bonuses or additional wage increases will be paid at the end of the season. Pay comes every two weeks and paychecks are mailed out the following Friday. Base rate is $8.00 dollars an hour for new employees.
- Performance: Workers who complete the season may receive up to $1/hr. additional pay based on attendance, performance and overall attitude. Those who quit or were let go during the season will receive only the base rate.
- $100 bonus for workers who complete all morning shifts
- $50 bonus for workers who miss only one morning shift.
- End of Season Party: Employees finishing the season who missed two days or less will be invited to a party at the end of the season!
- *all bonuses are based upon a 14 day season. Workers must work a minimum of 50 hours to qualify for any bonuses. If the season happens to be shorter than 50 hours, bonuses will not be given (This is rare).
- Pay Rates
- 1st year: $8/hr
- 2nd year: $9/hr
- 3rd year: $10/hr
- 4th year: $11/hr
- 5th year or higher: $12/hr
- Supervisors: $15/hr (experience required)
- Bus Driver: $13-15/hr (CDL class B with air brakes required, must be 21 years old)
Tuesday July 22nd
Please note the time changes due to very hot conditions tomorrow.
Ankeny crew - Everyone report to work. Buses leave at 5 AM
Altoona crew - Experienced only - This means it's your 2nd year or more. If it's your 1st year please don't come to work. Buses will leave at 5 AM
Ames crew - Buses will be there around 530 Am
Join the Crew